As we find ourselves in the surreal circumstances of a second national lockdown it now seems inevitable that the entire hospitality industry in the Midlands and the North of England will be forced to remain closed for the immediate future.
Just like everyone else we have no idea how long this may last and we await further announcements as to when the current level of restrictions may be lifted. It is understood that the situation is due to be reviewed on the 16th December.
We remain fully prepared and staffed, ready to operate as soon as we can once these restrictions are lifted. However, we have to look at the logistical challenges of opening at short notice. The closure of a whole industry sector has obviously affected all the supply chains so the growers, farmers, suppliers of meat, game and fish will all need time to get back to operational capacity again.
Even if we were to get the go-ahead on the 16th/17th it will take a few days to re-open the kitchen and organise deep cleaning, Covid safety measures, incoming supplies etc. so the earliest date we could be prepared and fully operational is the 22nd December.
We wish to ensure that anyone with an existing booking has the first opportunity to re-schedule and would offer them the pick of preferred dates and times.
We would aim to be open 22nd, 23rd and 24th December for Prestige Menu dinner.
We expect that we will be fully booked and there will be a huge demand as soon as we do re-open. Our experience from the last lockdown shows that we are likely to be full for the foreseeable future with all the residual bookings to reschedule and a high level of demand from new booking requirements.
Since we re-opened after the summer lockdown we have been absolutely fully booked every single day, so we must take this opportunity to thank you all most sincerely for this consistent support.
If you do have a preferred date and time we urge you to contact us as soon as you can make plans. We will do our level best to accommodate everyone.
We have to stress that at the moment any booking is provisional until we know what is announced.
We need to know the booking demand for each date well in advance so please don’t leave it until the last moment. Until then we are all in the same boat and we will just have to wait and see what unfolds in the next couple of weeks.
Tessa and The Old Vicarage team